In 1898 the Schäff family acquired the company and renamed it "Schäffbräu".
Mineral water in Treuchtlingen
We have been filling mineral water at our Treuchtlingen site since 1987.
In 1994 a new well was drilled in Baruth/ Mark (Brandenburg, south of Berlin), which was put into operation one year later and a bottling plant was built. Today, Baruth is one of the largest bottling, logistics and distribution centres for mineral water and soft drinks in Europe.
Bottle blanks in Baruth/ Mark
In 2004 we set up a bottle blank production facility in Baruth/ Mark and put it into operation. Since then, the plant in Baruth/ Mark has been supplying the other plants in the Group.
In 2005 we finished brewing beer and since then we have only bottled mineral water and soft drinks. Gradually we have changed the filling from glass bottles to PET bottles.
In 2007, our plant in Breuna was put into operation and is also one of the most modern filling, logistics and distribution centres for mineral water and soft drinks in Europe.
In 2016, Heil- und Mineralquelle Germete was acquired, which covers the Group's private label business.
New building in Treuchtlingen
In 2018, a new Logistics Centre was built in Treuchtlingen in order to meet the increasing product quanity and demand. Particularly interesting: any product does not stay in the warehouse longer than a week.
new warehouses in Warburg
Construction of new warehouses near Germete in Warburg. Opening: 2020.
In 2022, the Germete healing and mineral spring was sold again.
Baruth / Mark
In 2023, the Brandenburger Urstromquelle was sold.